Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Reminishing/s

My "Kuya" during our undergraduate years visited me in the office after years and years of not seeing each other. To me he is just "Kuya" but his name is Charlz. I am eldest of four daughters, and when i was younger, i pacified the need for a big brother in the person of my constant companion in college. We were very good friends with almost same preferences. He is older and everytime we come to gatherings of people who dont know us, they asked if he is my older brother. Nobody asked if he is my boyfriend or something to that effect, just 'is he your brother"? We realized we have similar facial features and color, and these prompted me to call him "Kuya", so nobody asked questions anymore.

He is also the eldest in the family and the only boy. I recall, his two younger sisters always come to me whenever they have some little problems, as if i am their older sister too. I appreciated that, of course. However, after graduation we went separate ways. Somehow our professional careers excluded each other in our paths. Can you imagine my joy in seeing him again!

I am however, very sorry that he is now slightly diabetic, with high blood pressure and just become claustrophobic. I felt bad for him, as his work demands frequent flying. That would limit his access to more work and more wonderful places, especially for his work on Social forestry, conservation, teaching and journalism. At least he is also meditating, that will help maintain his health. I will be praying for you and am very glad we re-connected again! You will be fine!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad for you. It's wonderful to reconnect with old friends. You see, good old friends never forget.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me to post more, and our conversations make life and gardening more meaningful.

However, Anonymous comments and personal back links give me problems, so i don't publish them. Anonymous + back links = SPAM = DELETE

Related Posts with Thumbnails